About the Council
The Parish Council is a statutory body set up to serve and represent the residents of the Parish. All councillors are elected and are volunteers who live within the Parish of Northchurch. Parish Councils are the lowest tier of Local Government.
What we do
- We provide sporting facilities such as playing fields and open spaces (including children’s play areas) and are responsible for their maintenance.
- We provide allotments which are available to rent for a very modest annual fee.
- We are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Parish area.
- We consider and comment on all planning applications in the Parish area.
- We liaise with and give support to various community groups, including the local school and churches.
- This includes giving and obtaining grants and funding when possible.
We have eight elected councillors who live in Northchurch. They are all lay people and serve for a term of four years and are all volunteers.
The Parish Council is funded through its precept which the Borough Council collects from residents via the Council Tax. We also have some revenue from renting out the Recreation Ground to sports groups and also rents received from allotments.
Any enquiries from members of the public are usually dealt with by the Parish Clerk.